Main Tabs

18.12.11

Pearls Before Swine


This past weekend my favourite jeweler Pearls Before Swine had an atelier sale of handmade silver jewelery.  I have been a long time fan and am always excited to add a new piece to my collection.  I will now fantasize about this piece for awhile, thank you very much.


Also at this intimate sale was handmade natural soaps by Carriage 44, delicious soaps (with great design!) made with shea butter and essential oils.  I picked up a couple for my mom, I think she'll love the lavender one.


While we're on the topic of Pearls Before Swine, I'd like to take this moment to share the comic strip of the same name by Stephan Pastis.  This is a clipping I've kept since 2009 that resonated with me for it's optimism/pessimism of what art can bring to the world.  Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments if you like!